How To Stay
Welcome to the Danville Ronald McDonald House. It is important to us that you feel comfortable within our House. Please ask a staff person or a volunteer if you would need any assistance during your stay.
Who can lodge overnight at the Danville Ronald McDonald House?
- Families who have a patient from age birth through 21 who is being treated in a pediatric department.
- Individuals who have not been exposed to anything communicable two weeks prior to their lodging
- Additional policies may apply depending on circumstances
- A hospital representative, nurse, desk clerk, social worker, etc., from the patients’ pediatric department must call to refer a family.
- All referrals are on a first-come-first-serve basis except for pediatric oncology families, however, the pediatric oncology referral must be received twenty-four hours prior to needed lodging.
- New Guests: check-in between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Day Guests: check-in between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Returning Guests: under one year since their last visit, may check in between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- New guests or guests who have not stayed longer than a year will need to attend the House orientation
- Guests are responsible for cleaning their rooms prior to checking out
- Staff/Volunteer must check guest rooms prior to guests checking out
- House keys must be returned prior to checking out
- Families will be responsible for a $10.00 replacement fee for lost keys
- Day Guests are welcome to use the House between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Day Guests must follow the referral procedure for overnight guests which is listed above